Jumbo is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (“the Act”). We may, from time to time, review and update this policy. Please visit this page periodically, to check for updates. All personal information held by Jumbo will be governed by its most recent policy posted on the Jumbo website.
Jumbo knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust in us that we will do so carefully and sensibly. Jumbo uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure the privacy of information regarding its attendees and has implemented security measures and procedures so that you can rest assured that any personal information we collect about you is not misused.
Personal information means information we hold about you and your family from which your or your family’s identity can be determined. Collecting and using this personal information ensures we can deliver our services to you as efficiently as possible.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, address, email address, phone number and fax number;
- Information about your child such as name, date of birth, medical conditions, immunisations, allergies, food requirements, cultural background, religious beliefs, custody orders, general and additional needs
- Information about your family and family members including guardians, authorised nominees and emergency contacts
- Information from enquiries you have made;
- Communication between us.
We do not collect sensitive information such as information about your political opinions, memberships of political associations, philosophical beliefs, memberships of professional or trade associations, membership of a trade union or sexual preferences without your consent or unless required by Law.
How we collect your personal information
Generally, Jumbo will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide services to you. For example, we may collect information from you when you:
- Enquire with us
- Enrol with us
- request or acquire a service from us;
- provide a product or service to us;
- communicate with us by email, telephone or in writing;
- visit a Jumbo childcare centre;
- when make a complaint or provide other feedback to us.
How we use and disclose your personal information
The personal information we collect from you ultimately allows us to provide you with better service. In some cases we would be unable to provide you with particular services without that information. Generally we use personal information to:
- provide you with services you have requested;
- sedn you e-newsletters or similar commiunications;
- help us to manage and enhance our services and facilities;
- manage the health, safety and security at the Jumbo childcare centres including details of any health safety and security incidents;
- communicate with you including answering queries you may raise;
- verify your identity;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main purpose for which we collect it and where such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected by you.
If you chose not to provide certain information to us then we may not be able to provide you with certain services and you may not be able to use certain parts of our website or attend our centres.
Our obligations of confidentiality and your consent
Beyond use for these purposes we have an obligation to keep all personal information we hold about you confidential. This obligation applies except where disclosure of your personal information is:
- compelled by law. For example, where disclosure is required to a government department and agency (such as the police, Department of Human Services or Australian Taxation Office) or the Courts.
- with your consent. Your consent may be express or implied and it may also be given verbally or in writing. Your consent will be implied where we may reasonably conclude that you have given consent by the actions you take or do not take. For example, where you ask us to provide services, you consent to us storing, using, maintaining and disclosing your personal information to the extent necessary for us to provide those particular goods or services to you in a complete, prompt and efficient manner.
Does Jumbo Share the Information It Receives About Me
Information about our attendees is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Jumbo may disclose personal information to other companies in the same corporate group which are also bound by this or an equivalent policy. We may also provide your personal information to:
- third parties authorised by you to receive your personal information held by us;
- insurers in relation to any incidents at a Jumbo centre
- professional advisors such as our lawyers and accountants, where required for them to advise us
- other persons where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or perform any obligations and/or exercise any rights we have under any contracts between us
We are unlikely to disclose information to overseas recipients and will only disclose information if the recipient agrees to be bound by this or an equivalent policy or we amend this policy and advise you accordingly.
Quality, accuracy and correction of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Security of your personal information
Jumbo takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. We have in place generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to keep your personal information safe.
Our web site and your privacy
We understand that you may be concerned about the confidentiality and security of the personal information we collect from you online. Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure and confidential as your dealings with us in person or on the telephone.
A “cookie” is a file of information that allows the Jumbo servers (the computers which host our web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. When you access our web site, we send you a “persistent cookie” that gives you a unique identification number. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user’s Internet browser type, number of visits to the Jumbo website, and your Internet Service Provider.
You can configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browser’s instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. One month after your last visit to our web site, the cookie expires, or “crumbles”. This means it no longer exists on your computer and therefore it cannot be used for further identification or access to your computer.
Information logged on our web site
When you visit the Jumbo website, our servers log the following information which is provided by your browser:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name, for example, .com, .gov, .au, .asn etc;
- the address of any referring web site, for example, the previous web site you visited; and
- your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet).
All of this information may be used by us for aggregated statistical analysis or systems administration purposes only. For instance, the information gathered may be used to build statistical and demographic information which does not identify you personally for strategic marketing or promotional purposes. No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities, except where required by law.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our web site and to improve the services that we provide. Also, from time to time, we may use external companies to provide us with detailed aggregate statistical analysis of our web site traffic. At no time is any personal information made available to these companies, nor is the aggregate information ever merged with personal information such as your name, address, email address or other information you would consider sensitive or would compromise your privacy.
Links to other sites
The Jumbo site may contain links to other sites. While we always endeavour to engage in business arrangements with commercial entities of good repute and ethical business practices, we are ultimately not responsible for the privacy practices of such web sites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on those web sites prior to providing any information to the entity concerned.
Seeking Access to the Personal Information Jumbo Holds About You
You can seek access to the personal information held about you by Jumbo or advise Jumbo of any inaccuracy by contacting our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act. If you make an access request, Jumbo will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may also charge a reasonable administrative fee for this access
How to Contact Jumbo
If you have questions or wish to provide feedback about this policy, please forward those questions or comments to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or send details to:
Jumbo Early Education Pty Ltd
20 Convention Centre Place
SOUTH WHARF VIC 3006
(03) 9099 1360